From:
Darla Sharp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 1995 14:00:44 -0700
I am a sad Californian who has written to almost every senator about the
recent bill.  Sniff Sniff.  I hope SOMETHING changes in the next year!
Anyway, I don't have a ferret yet though I adore them (few that I've been
lucky enough to meet that is) and really enjoy the stories here on FML.

Since I am hoping that the ban will be rescinded before I go out and get
a ferret, I am trying to gather information on their pet quality before I
do so.

My 2 questions are:

1. I have read the FAQ and seen a mention about ferrets and children.  How
young is too young for the child?  In other words, if young children and
ferrets don't mix great, what is a good age?  (I have a 3-1/2 year old and
9 year old.) I did not get a toy dog for same excitability reason.  (I am
NOT afraid of injury to my child, though I would be leary of child injuring
ferret!)

2. I also read in the FAQ that birds and ferrets may not mix well.  There
was some qualification on this issue, so I am looking for personal input.
I am a parrot enthusiast and would like to know if anyone out there has
ferrets cohabitating with parrots.  Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks to all.  Love to read stories of your fuzzies while I sit here
ferretless in CA.  Boo hoo.

Darla Sharp
Santa Barbara, CA
email: [log in to unmask]