From:
Peter Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 1995 10:49:11 PDT
   To briefly come out of the shadows, has anyone received the latest issue
of either the Modern Ferret or the LOS Ferret Digest?  Amy's getting a
little worried because we have not received either issue.

[Moderator's note: Mary of Modern Ferret was kind enough to show me a copy
of the latest issue after it was sent to the printer.  So, I've seen it - it
exists - and it will be sent out soon, she told me.  BIG]

   And while I'm here...the FLA (Ferret Liberation Army for those who don't
know <grin>) is now up to 11 members.  We adopted a chocolate male and a
black-eyed white female from Pat Nothnagle a couple-three weeks ago and that
brings us to 11.  The two new kids are currently living upstairs, segregated
from the rest of the crew, because the two snow demons make their life
miserable if they even get a whiff of one of the new guys.  <sigh> And the
new kids are very, very unsure of themselves around other ferrets (they have
adpated fairly well to us, the dogs and the cats), and seem to have stress
related bowel problems after nearly every encounter.  <shrug>

   Everyone else is hale and hearty.  Even Coconut (age 7, cataracts in both
eyes) is well.  She still makes like the queen ferret and chuckles along
furiously if things are not where she wants them.  Adding the Totally Ferret
to our feed mix has made a big improvement in coat condition and overall
health (IMO).

Pete & Amy (humans);  Merlynn, Morgan, Arthur, Coconut, Ashke, The
Leewit, Sonja, Danae, Noah, Jasan & Ghost (ferrets); Sprite & Duke
(dogs); Mick & Shadow (cats).

                Ferrets are God's apology for cats.