From:
Mary Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 1995 08:20:51 -0500
Thanks to all of you who replied about Merritt's problem I posted while at
work Friday.  That night, I went home and found the Medical FAQ and started
reading.  I'd pretty much decided it was insulinoma and was going to make a
vet appointment.  Well, he had another seizure that night about 10:00 and
one a 5:00 in the morning.  We went into the doctor first thing Saturday
morning, and his blood sugar was at 53.  We're going back in for another
test tonight, and then he will have surgery tomorrow (Tuesday).  The doctor
said he was in good health otherwise, so she didn't feel surgery would be a
problem for him.  In the meantime, I've been feeding him small meals every
4-6 hours, to make sure his blood sugar stays up and he hasn't had any more
attacks.  Thanks again to all -- you're a wonderful group of friends!  I'll
keep you posted.