From:
Greg Hastings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 1995 04:49:50 -0700
Hello all, we lost Winkie last night. He went peacefully while I (Alice)
held him. I was able to stoke him and tell him how much he was loved before
he went. Gus Gus, our albino, is really upset. Took his treats and stashed
them rather than eat them now and he loves his treats. I am amazed how the
others react to the loss of their brother. Talk about ferrets and feelings.
He will be missed.  He was our 'hero' ferret having donated blood to his
brother three years ago.  He loved that title and wore it proudly.

Winkie had purple/pink spots show up several days ago on his body. Not flea
bites or anything like that. (Thanks, Dr. Williams for getting right back to
us.) Yesterday he started getting real weak and and went down hill in a day.
He took water and 'duck soup' so I wasn't real concerned because he was
still getting nurishment, not acting as he was in any pain, and worse I was
sick so we just laid around together. He got up to go to the bathroom, I got
up, gave him water, got me water and went back to bed. Any ideas on the spots?

Everyone, give your fuzzy a hug. Ferret kisses to all.

ps. my mom lives in California and I'm not visiting (sneaking in) any time
soon! They have lost my vacation $$$$$s. I will write if given addresses.
Greg Hastings                                  [log in to unmask]
Alice Dutton
Auburn, WA

Books had instant replay long before televised sports.