From:
Susan Meyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 10:19:47 -0500
Let me begin by thanking the wonderful moderater of this list for the
oppurtunity to clarify and responsed to the flames against my stance on
Casper. Number one, I was not comparing animals to inanimate objects, I
was simply illustrating the difference between ignorance and stupidity.
Allow me to be more clear, ignorance is not knowing all the facts about
something, stupidity is knowing the facts and not caring.
 Number two, I was talking about forgiveness, the very act heals the
forgiver as much as the forgiven.
 Number three, I believe in freedom, and in this country you are supposed
to be innocent until proven guilty and are allowed to face your accuser.
Not one of you asked to hear from the other party. I am not trying to
cast aspersions on the individual's integrity. I do not know either
party, but I would like to hear the other side of the story.
 Number four, Let me clarify why number three is so important, we want
the state of California and Massachusetts and even Maryland to listen to
us on the subject of ferrets. The MD issue upset many, mainly because
they would only listen to the "experts" and based on a one sided argument
they killed a small animal. That is just what you have done in this issue
with Casper. If the person who has Casper now loves ferrets so much why
can't he get another one? The ferret they love is Casper, just as he says
he does. If we do to others what we don't want done to us is it any
wonder that the "experts" will not listen?

 I want to hear the whole story, both sides, because if it were me I
would want the oppurtunity to be heard along side my accuser.
 If you have any further comments in regards to me please email me and
keep this forum clear.
To those who understood my stance and support it, thank you for your
comments and sharing them with me in private.
Susan Meyers, W.O.V.& P.