From:
Chris Hanlon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 17:02:10 -0500
First off, I'm new to this list, so I'd like to say Hi to all.

Second,  my wife and I have decided to start looking for a new ferret.
We're quite familiar with the little beasties, having owned 2 for several
years.  However, we would prefer to buy our next one from a breeder rather
than any of the local pet shops.  While at least one of them still sell
ferrets, and has actually offered to order us the male we prefer, I have
some niggling doubts...  First off, they aren't locally provided - the shop
orders them from a breeder "out west."  As it turns out, this means out in
the western USA (we're in Canada) and apparently they can't be brought into
the country unless they've been neutered, etc.  This means that they've been
altered before they're 6 weeks old.  I feel that this is far too early, and
that they won't darken to their best markings.  I'm not sure if this is a
fact, but I have read it in one of the books we bought back when we got our
first.  What I would prefer to do is  locate a breeder in our area, and I
thought that this might be the place to start looking.  Does anyone have any
info on breeders in the Hamilton/St. Catharines/Niagara Falls area of
Ontario, Canada?

* C. Hanlon   [log in to unmask]
*
* The opinions expressed above don't have to make sense, they're mine        *
*
*