From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 09:55:14 -0500
Anne
We've always taken Belle places with us: the corner drug store and other
local shops, KMart ("Look! In the cart? Is is a rat? Is it a toy? No! It's
the SuperK ferret!"), shopping mall, Joy's school events, etc. Belle gets
fantastic reactions from people. "Eek! It's alive!", "Hey is that a ferret?",
"What the heck is that?", "Does it bite?", "Ooh, it's so cute!"

Cashiers at our frequent hangouts (like the drug store where we pick up milk
and videos) know Belle well, and let her explore on the counter. We don't
take her into grocery stores or restaurants; people tend to freak about
animals around food.

Belle never bites (except during ferret-to-hand combat at playtime :-0), so
I'm not afraid to let children pet her, or older children hold her. We figure
she's a ferret goodwill ambassador, and we always take the opportunity to
tell people of their charms, and answer all questions on how to take care of
them.

Now, taking 3 of them out in public at once may be a different story...

Marcy
We are thrilled with Fitch's amazing recovery. We were horrified at his
accident, and everyday quickly scan the ferret digest for news of his status.
Yesterday's message had us dancing for joy.

Linda, Richard, Joy and Belle "You may call me Lady Ambassadress"