From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 23:00:08 -0500
Hi guys! Glad to hear Daphne is gaining weight and doing well, she is lucky
she has such a nice home now.  I quess she is feeling strong enough for her
distemper shot, I am sure she is thrilled.
As for Coffee having a lump after the vaccination, that is common with the
rabies vaccinations, we see it also in dogs and cats.  They are commonly just
sterile abcesses and will go away with time and the care Dr. Bock told you
of, but it is good to always contact the vet.  I do not think there is away
to prevent them.  In dogs and cats certain brands of rabies cause it, but for
ferrets Imrab is the only safe rabies vaccination, so you can not switch
brands.  Rick said you had called and I am glad you called Dr. Bock about it
also.  Just be sure a veterinarian always gives the rabies incase of a more
severe reaction.  Take care and see you soon.  Stephanie