From:
william killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 02:03:59 -0500
To all of you who have the Ferret's Unmasked video and those concerned
about younger children and ferrets:

In this video my youngest daughter shows up twice.  Once holding two of
our largest hobs - they lokk as long as she is tall, a little blonde girl
with a Sable Siamese and a Silver/Black Mitt. Second she and one of her
friends at a ferret show getting ready to take a couple of our ferrets up
to the judge at a ferret show.  This now twelve year old has taken on
most of the responsibilities for getting these'vicious child-eaters'
ready at the shows - I'm usually judging or helping the judges.

We also have a one month old son.  He has been introduced to all of our
dogs and some of our ferrets.  My wife and I feel that children and pets
will get along FINE as long as they are used to animals from the very
beginning.  When he gets old enough he'll be allowed to pet/play with the
animals.  We'll pick and choose carefully until he learns 'gentleness'
just like we won't let him use the fine china instead of plastic ware
until he is ready (okay I don't have fine china but you know what I mean
<grin>).

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets