Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 1995 07:37:00 CST
Hi All!
What fun we had last night!  Nancy and Shari brought over their 2 baby
ferrets last night while they went to pick up their new 3 day old baby
goat.  When they came back they decided to bring the baby goat in and
oh what an adorable baby it is.  She is called a LaMancha and has round
tiny puffy ears just like a ferret!  I had to ask if the ears would grow
and guess what they won't - they will always be ferret ears.  Well as
for the cow killing ferrets they just LOVED the goat and she was quite
pleased with them too.  At 3 days old a baby goat is just learning to
play and they are quite curious.  Ferry followed Rane (baby goat) around
but at a distance until she started to hop and kick out her little
legs and then Ferry decided this was really fun to get in between
those long unstable legs.  Gizzie laid down on his back underneath Rane
but she just wouldn't stand still.  Tigger promptly nipped her ankle
and just as promptly got lightly kicked - sent him under cover quick -
no harm done, he was just surprised.  Some of the ferrets totally
ignored her just as if she really wasn't there (Don't tell me mom
brought home another stray!).  And the most amazing thing, Sunny my
60# lab/brittany kept cleaning her and growling at the ferrets when
they'd get too close.  Of course the ferrets ignored the dog because
Rane was just too interesting!  I guess when I finally buy a house I'll
have to get a goat too!  Goats - livestock, No Way!  At least these
cow killing ferrets don't think so!  Goats - fun playmate!  That's what
my ferrets thought.

Hugs.  tle