From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 06:44:58 EST
Hello; This is a note that I sent a friend quite a while ago who's suggested I
post it here so it might help someone else..:
        My Mr. bear develop enlarged liver & his sister Silky a hardened kidney
when I switched to Nutro Max cat kitten as told to by a company rep in Boulder,
co. (4/94).  After talking to the store owner where she was in front of, he said
he wished she wouldn't tell people things like that, because she is on
commission & kitten food is about $7.00/bag of 20 lbs. more than reg. cat food!
He figured the higher protein as well as the Ethoxiquin pushed their immune
systems over the edge.
        I was first made aware of this chemical problem by a Breeder of dogs in
Longmont.  She referred me to a local vet that said it was used as a binder in
making car tires!  Great stuff.  The FDA apparently approves it for human use
only in some 3 spices, at 5ppm.(parts per million).  The pet food people are
using it at 150ppm, and since it is their diet, not a spice, they are getting
thousands of times the dose the FDA thenselves say is the human limit!  Ugh.
  I switched them to Precise brand feline light and maintinence and his liver
got about half as thick and all my kids coats got 200-300% more soft & glossy
over only a couple of months.  The feline light has "chicken meal, ground brown
rice, whole wheat flour, ground yellow corn, etc, and preserved with vit. E.  It
costs some $5.00 a bag LESS than the nutro product!  [Remember companies and the
fda make money by lying to the public, look at the poisioning of people the AMA
& fda do with the cancer fraud!
  Their feline maintinence is higher fat, & I offer both to my kids & they will
vary what they eat depending on what else is in their diet.
  Precise will ship free of freight cost if I'm where there are no distributors,
and since they are in Tx. that saves tax $$ also!  Very nice people making a
product I wouldn't be afraid to eat myself.  Their # is 800-446-7148
        I have since gotten ahold of some "Totally Feret" food and they nibble
that but stil so far eat the Precise also.  I have a lot of faith in their
instincts so will keep available anything wholesome they want to eat.

  Best wishes for health of us all,  Gary