From:
Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 20:11:58 -0400
    Hi all!  Speaking of relationships with rats, mice, rabbits, etc.  My
ferret, Silver, uncaged and killed a pet rat of ours once.  (The rat was in
disgrace, having dismembered and eaten two Diamond Doves.) Also, Latte is a
rabbit-stalker.  We have two Holland Lops, which run away and then return.
We don't know how they escape, or for that matter, how they dis-escape, but
they like to stay camped under the outdoor ferret cage whenever they're "in
town".

    When I open the door to the ferret cage, Latte is usually the first one
out.  He runs straight for the rabbits, trying to consume them on the spot,
it would seem.  I'm running after him, trying to prevent murder!  Latte
comes away with rabbit fur in his mouth, but the rabbits are thus far
unscathed.  What's the first thing the rabbits do?  Go right back under the
ferret cage!  It's got a wire bottom where they like to lie, and the ferrets
go crazy sniffing them.  This is what makes My ferret's tails wag furiously,
BTW.

    The furrballs have been indoors since the hurricane last week, Which
only blew the roof off of their cage.  It's cool outside now, so they need
to go back out.
Bye,  Karen Vance