From:
"Bruce H. Williams DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 1995 07:14:51 -0400
To Melanie Pacella:

>Since Maggie received the inappropriate vaccination, Smith/Kline/Beecha, I
>should definitely make sure that she receives the Fromm-D or Fervac-D
>distemper shot.  Should I wait a while to have it done or is it okay to
>get her to the vet right away?

        Melanie - although I don't recommend it - the SK-B vaccine is probably
effective in protecting your ferrets against distemper.  I don't see a need to
rush right out and revaccinate unless your ferrets are exposed to distemper or
a lot of strange animals on a regular basis, or you need the documentation for
a show.

        Let's make sure that we use ferret-approved vaccines, but also realize
that most other chicken cell-line vaccines approved for dogs and cats can also
do the trick in a pinch.

--
Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP              Department of Veterinary Pathology
[log in to unmask]               Armed Forces Institute of Pathology