From:
MRS PATRICIA L ISRAELSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 14:55:51 EST
-- [ From: Patricia L. Israelson * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I hope BIG lets this one through.  I read this on one of the bulletin
boards the other day and had a good laugh.  I thought it would be great
to share with you guys in an abreviated version.
Message #1:  Subject--Ferrets:
   "Ferrets were just allowed into my state.  I think that it is a
terrible idea.  Ferrets carry rabies, and will kill off all the natural
Michigan animals.  I just wanted to tell you.  No public replies
please.  If you'd like to talk about it then E-mail me    thanks  (name
omitted )"

There were 26 responses to this message.  Some were irate, some
analytical and many just plain insulted and ready to take the young
lady to task.

Message #2; Subject--Ferrets:
   " I'm sorry if I offended you.  Those facts I learned in school.
Some of the information came from MDPH though.  Thank you  (name
omitted )"

There were 11 responses to the young lady's second note.  They were a
little bit calmer.  It was pointed out to the young lady that she can't
always believe everything they teach her in school, and she should have
checked out the facts before she wrote in the first place.  But the
best response was as follows:

  "(Name omitted), apology accepted now go into the football BB and
tell them that you think they should cancel Monday night football.
Just Joshing...(name omitted)

Don't ya love a great sense of humor!!  Happy days and lots of smiles
to all!!!  Patty Israelson and the Beggars & Thieves Ferrets