"Charles Weiss D.V.M." <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 19:52:37 -0500
Charlene brought up a very good point that I did not mention.  It is very
important to find a surgeon that has orthopedic experience (I am not talking
about their case, I do not know the details).  If not you may have the
surgery performed cheaper, but in the long run the results and cost can be
disasterous.  With medical care for the ferrets you have to be careful not to
put all the weight of your decsion on the cost.  The cheapest is not
necessarily the best.
Generally speaking ferret orthopedic surgery is usually $300-350 at our
hospital.  The last thing I want to do is get into price war discussions.  We
greatly scale down the cost of the medical and surgical care for the ferrets
as a service to these great friends, otherwise most of them would not have
the luxury of good medical care (that they deserve).
Dr Weiss
301-299-4142