From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 12:56:34 -0600
Well, folks. I have another cute story to share. I'm not sure who it was,
but someone on here mentioned something about their ferrets enjoying
swimming. I figured my three didn't because they hated bathes, even in the
tub. Well, ever since I stopped using a water bottle and switched to a bird
water dish, Applejuice has enjoyed bobbing her head under, and Beckett has
enjoyed dunking the head in of who ever happens to be drinking at the time.
Yesterday, I went out and bought one of those Rubbermaid plastic boxes. It's
about six inches high, the kind you can slide under your bed. I filled it to
about two inches from the top and put it in the middle of my living room.
Then I set a book down as a stepping ramp. Max and Beckett immediately put
their whole upper bodies in the water, their heads underneath and eyes open.
Applejuice only let her whiskers brush the water, shook her head and went
off to play with her little teddy bear. Anyway, Max got bored with the
swimming pool, but Beckett kept running around to another side and dunking
his head in. He would only go to his middle, walking his feet over the
bottom. It was so silly. I ended up giving him a little push and he glided
over to the other side and climbed back out. He looked like he was having a
good time, but he didn't want to go all the way in. It was a cool evening
but the heat was on in my apartment and the water was very warm...I'm not
sure WHY he didn't want too. Oh, I did let them all go bobbing for raisins,
a game all three enjoyed. Applejuice was more clever than her brothers. She
let one of THEM bob and then snatched the raisin from their mouths. =) I'm
thinking about taking the little guys to the lake when the weather warms up
(shouldn't be TOO long, this is TEXAS for cryin' out loud!) and see how they
fare. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Oh yeah, to Denise L Voskuil <[log in to unmask]>, do you mind
terribly if I borrow(steal) or sig with the ferret ascii? I think it's
adorable!

Happy ferreting!
ahn and her crew (applejuice, beckett, and the max attack)