Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 12 May 1995 21:26:44 -0400
From:
"Bruce H. Williams DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
To Anonymous Charlene -

    I am familiar with what you are talking about - I often see areas of
subcutaneous hemorrhage in older female ferrets which appear to me almost
like a bite from another ferret which tend to spontaneously resolve.
Currently I have no idea what causes them.  I had always wondered if it
could be self trauma - but Granny's lesion behind her ear would be
difficult at best for her to make.

    I have seen this only in older females with questionable adrenal disease.
I would love to get a biopsy - but Colleen isn't about to let me biopsy one
of our own girls for something that seems to resolve so readily....

Bruce Williams, DVM  [log in to unmask]  OR  [log in to unmask]
Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP              Department of Veterinary Pathology
[log in to unmask]               Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
[log in to unmask]             Washington, D.C.  20306-6000