Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 17:24:23 -0400
From:
"Michelle Sabol Jones, VMD, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
        Well, for heaven sake, doc!  You mean I'm supposed to be a-likin'
that eau de fret?  Boy am I messed up!  But not confused.  Anal sacs
produce the secretion which is quite unpleasant to some people's noses.
My nose is offended by major-stink-up-the-whole-house smells and I'm not
the only one.  A major problem was solved by removing those anal sacs
which don't have to be infected to produce odors.
After all, ferrets and skunks are kissin' cousins.  Reread your veterinary
pathology textbook, doc.  and attend some good continuing education
seminars in modern veterinary surgical techniques.

        What I'd really like to know is...I've heard many owners report
"tail-wagging or flicking" behavior in their younger ferrets,
especially if the animal is excited and "hunting" for a toy, etc.  Has
anyone noticed toe-sucking in kits?  When Charlotte Webb was a baby, she
would curl up and suck on her hind paw toes while napping.  You could see
her little mouth move--just like a baby with a pacifier.

Michelle S. Jones