Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 1995 15:43:18 -0800
From:
Miana Murrey <[log in to unmask]>
    I just got this plant which is called a Beafsteak Begonia.  There is a
plant which is commonly called a Begonia, but is truly not and IS toxic,
accorking to poison control, this one is not that plant.  I checked
with a couple of vets and the poison control center 800 number and they
said as far as they could tell from their list, that this plant is not
poisonous, but if it is chewed on, it will give pain in the throat and
mouth and the animal would probably just throw up what it had eaten and
there would be no real toxic concern, except if the animal consumed the
entire plant, which is very unlikely because I am always, always
supervising when he is out, although as we all know, ferrets do have
their ways.

    I wanted to check on this list, too, to see if anyone
could tell me if they knew for sure if this plant is OK to have around
ferrets and other animals.

Thanks,

Diane and Rocky