From:
Rochelle X <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 1995 12:15:19 -0500
        Just a quick warning about small humidifiers (since someone commented
about getting a new one) - we once had a ferret knock the little plastic thing
(that directs the steam out into the room) off the top and she could then
manage to stick her head into the hole....  she actually got her head stuck
there.  Luckily we were right there (and, the water level was fairly low) or
she could have drowned like that.  I think most humidifiers today are made such
that this wouldn't be possible, but if you happen to have an old one, be very
careful!
        -Rochelle