From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 14:28:50 -0600
To:  D. E. Brea, Ca
Re:  Comments on the MD case

I agree completely with your statements about Nazi's and blaming
people for something they don't know, BUT I have to disagree with:

> Even though killing the Ferret was, at best, misguided, I hope we
> all understand that those involved were CONCERNED FOR THE CHILD
> THAT WAS BITTEN.

It is my understanding (albeit limited - as I was not actually *in* MD)
that the authorities did *nothing* with regards to the child.  Correct
me if I mis-read this.   Seems as though all they did was to wait WAY
too long to help anybody even if help would have been needed (medical
attention for the child, for example) - and needlessly killed an
innocent animal, probably to avoid bad press and a lawsuit.  How did
wrongfully killing this animal prove concern for the child?  Seems to
me all they did was needlessly traumatize another child, not to
mention the wrongful death.

And since they ARE the authorities - if there's something they
*don't know* - then they should find out.