From:
Anne Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 1995 19:02:39 -0400
Bonjour
        Some FML-readers asked me to translate the french song "Il court, il
court le furet" that I posted last month.  So I found all the verses
(merci a Christian Valiquette) the music (merci a Edith) and Denise
Voskuil helped me for the translation (thanks again Denise).
        For the music, each eight is in lower cases and quarters are in
capitals.  I had to add some notes for the english version, I hope it's
all right (I'm not a musician and eaven not able to read music...)

REFRAIN:

<Il court, il court le furet,           <He runs, he runs, the ferret,
sol do     re MI    re reSOL             g  c     d  E     d   d  G
 Le furet du bois, Mesdames.            The ferret of woodland, madams.
 do sila  solla    si do                c   f  a   g  a  f      c d

(same music)
 Il court, il court le furet,           He runs, he runs the ferret,
 Le furet du bois joli.>                The ferret of pleasant woodland.>

VERSES:

<Il est passe par ici,                  <He had passed by here before,
 do si  la solla siDO                    c  f   a  g   a  f    c D
 Le furet du bois mesdames.             The ferret of woodland madams.
 do sila  sol la  si do                 c   f  a   g  a   f    c d

(same music)
 Il est passe par ici,                  He had passed by here again,
 Le furet du bois joli.>                The ferret of pleasant woodland.>

<Le voici encore ici,                   <Here is he again, again,
 Le furet du bois mesdames.             The ferret of woodland madams.

 Le voila maintenant par la,            Here is now that way, away,
 Le furet du bois joli.>                The ferret of pleasant woodland.>

<Il est entre par ici,                  <He had come in again,
 Le furet du bois mesdames.             The ferret of woodland madams.

 Il est ressorti par la,                He went out again away,
 Le furet du bois joli.>                The ferret of pleasant woodland.>

        Salut, Anne et famille...8> 8> :>
P.S.  I can hear hundreds of people singing in front of their computer ;)

Anne Charbonneau                Faculte de medecine dentaire
[log in to unmask]    Universite de Montreal