From:
"Jeffery A. Haremski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 1995 14:07:53 -0400
Howdy all!

   I read this in Tuesday's FML:

>>>1) Dr.  Williams has said to watch for tooth-grinding as a tip off
>to ulcers.  I am watching Slinky closely, as I just introduced these
>two into the same cage.  Does this mean a horizontal gnashing of
>teeth?... I know what I am looking for.

   I have a ferret that recently has started to gnash her teeth...  I
couldn't figure out why that would be...  An ulcer could be a possibility,
since she did stop eating for a couple of days just before I noticed her
new habit...

   What I would like to know, if she does have an ulcer, is there anything
I can do about it?  My roommate had an ulcer once, and it was so bad that
he had to have surgery.  Are there any non- surgical cures?

   On a different topic, I also read this:

>>>What is it specifically about clay-based cat litter that is harmful to
ferrets?

   I am also interested in this answer, since I have always used
scoopable cat litter.  If clay-based cat litter is harmful, what are some
alternatives?

   Thanks.

Jeffery A. Haremski