From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 01:35:31 -0500
[Moderator's note: Here's Modern Ferret's update on their new magazine.  It
was sent to me first "for clearance", but since I feel it is basically just
informational I have no problem with it.  BIG]

The first issue of _Modern Ferret--The Ferret Lifestyle Magazine_  is at the
printer, we will be watching it run on Tuesday (the 7th). It should be
mailing (fulfillment house willing) on Friday (the 10th).  Anyone who has not
heard from us, please bear with us. We (mostly I) try  to respond to e-mail
as soon as I get it; snail mail takes a bit (unfortunately sometimes, a lot)
 longer. I had been working part-time, which, along with putting together the
first issue, got me WAY behind on correspondence. However, I am now working
on _Modern Ferret_ full-time so all the delays should disappear shortly.
(Editorial Guidelines for those who asked about writing are 9/10ths done--
finally.) On to other things. . .

_Modern Ferret_ has some GREAT news to share with our fellow FMLers.
Beginning with issue number 2, Dr. Bruce Williams will be joining us as our
Medical Editor. He will be editing an in-depth medical section to go along
with our "The Doctor Is In" column that covers the basics for ferret owners.
The first article, by Dr. Charlie Weiss, will discuss how to take blood from
a  ferret. Future articles will include case studies and reports of on-going
ferret research. We are *very* happy to have Dr. Williams join us, his
contribution is sure to be invaluable to veterinarians and ferret owners.

Also joining _Modern Ferret_ beginning with the second issue is National
Geographic Wildlife Photographer Ted Schiffman as our Photography Editor.
Ted's photos have been published by National Geographic, the Smithsonian
Institution, and The Sierra Club, among many others. (Ted's the one who took
the *great* photos of our kids in the first issue.) He will be shooting some
covers and centerspreads as well as helping to judge the Pink Noses Photo
Contest.

If anyone wants information on subscribing or getting a sample issue, e-mail

Enjoy Your Ferrets!!

--Mary