From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 10:49:13 -0500
Anon wrote:
> THE cure for carpet digging is to buy some of that vinyl floor
> runner [...]
> P.S. Is this in the Ferret FAQ?

Yes, in section 6.1 (Part III), on ferretproofing:

Heather Jane Bilicki <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello, yesterday I was clipping the ferrets' nails and noticed that
> two out of the three had _VERY_ dry pads.

Our ferrets get dry feet in the winter.  We try to give them a little
more Ferretone, and we rub moisturizer on their toes.  The trick is
getting them not to lick it right off!  That just dries them even more.

- Pam in Rochester, NY
friend to Pixxel and Rusty, licking their -own- toes for once
Ferret Central - http://www.ceas.rochester.edu:8080/ee/users/rhode/index.html