Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 08:59:48 ES
From:
Anthony C Sulpizio <[log in to unmask]>
I  have a 5 year old female ferret that is experiencing an unusual degree of
hair loss.  Blood work
performed by our vet indicated that all parameters tested (including cortisol)
were normal except for the blood glucose which was found to be 30 mg/dL.  Our
vet believes that this low glucose value indicates the presence of a pancreatic
tumor and has suggested that an ultrasound be performed to allow for an
estimation of tumor size.  I would like to know if a blood glucose this low
would be evident in the ferrets behavior (lethargy, increased appetite etc).
My ferret appears perfectly normal.  She is very active and playful and has a
normal appetite.  Does anyone know if there should be symptoms associated with
low blood glucose?  I think that the blood glucose should be repeated to
determine if the first test was accurate.  Does anyone have any suggestions or
experience with this problem.

Thanks,
Tony