Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 20:02:16 -0800
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Hello,

I met my first pet ferret in a pet shop in Florida about one year ago.
She, in my hands, trustingly rolled over onto her back and licked my thumb.
I fell in Love.

I met another couple of ferrets in a pet shop in Ohio, a couple of months
ago.

I've been looking for books about ferrets as pets, and people who have
experience.  But, alas, I live in California, the San Francisco area to be
more specific, and have come to realize that the amazing little ferret is
illegal here?

I know they exist here because I see their pictures on the walls of pet
stores, along with other pet pictures.

I guess what I am asking is, what is the story about why ferrets are not
allowed here, ( I heard that just recently, the anti-ferret law was
upheld ) and is there any way of getting a exotic animal permit ( I read
about one in the previous listing ) ?

I now live with two Balanese cats and understand that ferrets and cats
can live fine together.

HELP, a frustrated, possible future, ferret fanatic.  Thank you.