From:
Stacy Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 1995 23:01:30 EST
Hi all! Last time I wrote, it was about one of my babies getting stuck
in the couch. Well, he's just fine - too fine - but he, unlike his
brother Harold, has not dug in the couch since! This morning Scooter was
running around with a bag of Oreos! He stole them 5 times before I
finally got them into an unreachable place! He ate some Cheetos last
week! Brian put closures on the kitchen cabinet doors to keep them out.
HAH!
Last summer I got Harold, my first ferret. Brian took him to visit me at
work. Harold was looking hot. I kept telling Brian to go home but he
wanted to talk to everyone. Harold was on the car floor panting (he did
have water). Well, it turns out that he was fine but now I think of how
he could have died! I read all the ferret books when I got him and NONE
said anything about heat! I'll be much more careful this summer.

Yes, one does have to be very tolerant to have a ferret. Brian's not so.
He gets SO mad at them and them he gets mad at me 'cause I just laugh
(oh, Scooter got in the trash again? Oh well...). Brian boils inside.
We'll be in bed and here the ferrets trying to get in the kitchen
cabinets. I think, "Oh, well.." Brian lays there getting madder and
madder until he HAS to get up & lock them in the cage. He blames me for
there lack of discipline so I don't punish them (I do, just not over
things like that!). They're ferrets!! They're purpose in life is to
destroy my apartment!  (I, too, have 2x4 's behind my fridge!). I think
one definately has to be the tolerant type to keep ferrets. Brian was so
mad when Scooter kept stealing his Oreos! He gets mad 'cause about every
day they knock over a glass on the coffee table. I say, don't leave a
glass there! No, Brian's gotta train them not to get on the table (Yeh
right!).
I got Brewer's Yeast for them. They eat it like a treat!
If anyone could please private e-mail me about what happened in
Michigan? I lost that issue and want to know about it.

Brian's parents visited us from Michigan last week. They had never seen
nor heard of a ferret! Of course, they fell in love with them!

Stacy, Brian :(, Harold :), and Scooter :)) !

They don't know about the ferret union. Hopefully, they won't find out!

Ferrets steal your stuff so they can feel close to you when you're gone!