From:
Chris Weiman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 18:57:27 -0500
Jim,  I have been in the pet store business for many years-both in the U.S.
and England, and in different states in the U.S.  My experience has been that
any pet store in a mall or shopping center is a chain, and those stores hire
people who can sell stuff, not people who know stuff.  They get their
livestock from mills and the cheapest places they can and usually don't know
or care very much beyond selling and making money.  Find out where the
ferrets come from originally.  That might help you know the breeding.  Now,
before anyone out there who works in a chain store gets their dander up-there
are always exceptions to the rule.  I know there are people in those stores
who are knowledgable or who want to be and have only the best intentions.  I
am speaking from years of experience and giving general rules, please do not
take offense. Also, ask to speak to the manager, if that person shows a
genuine interest, fine.  Again, my experience has been that the managers tend
to get a little huffy if you question anything, even when done politely and
quietly.  good luck  Chris, Willow, and Smudge