From:
Sabrina Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 14:36:32 -0500
Last week I was asking about adopted adult ferrets who don't like to be
petted, well, I ran out and bought raisins and tried the advice I got on
the Digest. She loves them! And little Jezebel probably saw me using the
Digest and asking for advice because the same day she was a lot more
affectionate... When I gave her her first raisin, she went crazy and after
she ate it, she licked my ear as if it were going out of style. It was so
rewarding to me that I just had to give her another one! Today was day 2
and I lured her into climbing in my bed when I woke up, waving a raisin in
her face and slowly lifting it up until she climbed to get it in my lap and
again she licked my ear. She doesn't stay too long yet but I am sure that
this will change with time. She still steals socks and hides them but I
guess a ferret's day is never done! She also talks a lot, running around,
clucking away in an array of pitches. I love her and I think she loves me
too, at last, she has a Mom who truly looks after her.

--Thanks again to all and I will speak to you again soon, Sabrina