From:
Carol-Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 1995 19:40:22 -0600
My ferret, HodgePodge, is lonely!  He has the 2 cats to play with, but they
just don't understand/relate to him well.  My fiance and I play with him
alot, but he still seems to be lonely.  I have a stuffed black-footed
ferret toy, and Hodge will pull it across the floor, and then wrap his arms
around its neck and wash its face for a long time.  It just breaks my
heart.  (He also wrestles with it, and sometimes it wins... go figure :)

Anyway.  Hodge came from a pet store, and my 2nd I'd like to have from a
shelter.  However, the closest shelter is in Milwaukee, and they have a
waiting list.  A shelter in Chicago also has a waiting list.  And I'd
really like to get a black-eyed white female, and name her Fleurette.

If anyone knows someone who has baby ferrets, or is taking care of a rescue
and looking for a home for her, please e-mail me.  By the way, I'm in
Madison, WI.
Thanks.

-----CA & DA (the humans), Eudora and Graham, cats (Tweedledumb and
Tweedledumber) and HodgePodge the Lonely Wonder Ferret