From:
Elizabeth Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 20:00:22 EST
Hello all!
I just thought that I'd share some of my ferrets current health problems.
Frisky is a usually healthy 5 year old female.  She hasn't been eating
well for at least a good month but last week she became really sick.  She
wouldn't eat or drink anything at all and is emaciated.  We took her to
the vet but she didn't know what was wrong with her.  She gave us some
antibiotics called CLOR PALM LIQUID to give her twice a day, and some
liquid diet called CLINI-CARE.  We had to force feed her 20mL 4 times a
day for a while but for the past few days shes been eating it on her own.
The liquid diet is now gone and we are feeding her some meat base baby
food which she loves.  All that, along with plenty of TLC she seems to be
recovering, though she still won't eat her regular food.  In order to
admit her to the small animal hospital in Guelph it would cost $300.00 for
a full check up.  Has anyone experienced any similar symptoms?  Any advice
is appriciated!
Thanks!!  Janet & Frisky