From:
Mike Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 09:40:34 -0600
Shoe. Our little best friend, grey and white, with the smudges under his
eyes, left us Friday morning.
He was seven and a half years old and had been with us through thick and
thin. He had travelled with us, gone camping with us and the best picture
we ever took of a ferret was of him.
Thankfully he didn't suffer long and he is now waiting for us by the
Rainbow Bridge. There is that empty place in our hearts now and the loss of
such a dear little ferret really hurts. We look back fondly and can
remember how he got his name. He would chase Kathy around and attach
himself to her socks until she would pick him up, hand him to me and say
"hold him! Do something! He won't leave me alone!" and then I would usually
give him a bit of raisin - talk about learned behavior! He was still doing
this two days before he died. Many times he literally treed Kathy and the
sight of an exasperated Kathy sitting on the table with her feet up was
hilarious.
He had had several health problems over the past couple of months but he
never complained or let them slow him down. A brave little soldier until
the end. We knew his time with us was getting shorter, so we took more time
to enjoy every possible moment with him.
He will be greatly missed by all of us. Our other six seem to know that
something is missing and even Kathy's parrot, Topper, knows he's gone. No
more Shoe when he calls out "Shoo-oo"
'Till we meet again.
Mike Smith