From:
Lee Donehower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 22:22:17 -0500
I recently received a set of note cards from my aunt & uncle in Florida with
a beautiful line drawing of two ferrets.  The cards are printed on Mansion
White Circa 83, 24# laser paper by Fox River paper company (I'm in the paper
business; I know these things!) and come with matching A-2 envelopes.
 Fortunately, there was a business card included, so I called Linda Saha of
Pet Portraits who told me she can do a good drawing "from any good photo of
your best pal."  She'll even do full color pastel portraits.  Like so many of
us, she runs this business from her home and she does have a brochure
available upon request. With her permission I offer the following to fuzzie
owners everywhere who are constantly looking for another ferret-related
product:

Linda Saha
111 S.W. 59th St.
Cape Coral, FL 33914
(813) 542-0952

Linda, however, was not thrilled to learn that my aunt & uncle had taken her
ferret cards to an airbrush artist who copied her drawing onto a T-shirt and
added the words "Ferret News", the name of the local newsletter that I
publish.  The T-shirt is fabulous and I can't wait for the weather to warm so
I can show it off.  Like Linda, this fellow works from photos (or in this
case, note cards) and will be happy to reproduce anything in color or black &
white.  He works out of his truck in the parking lot of a Walmart in Port
Charlotte, FL, however my uncle assures me that he can provide me a way to
contact the gentleman should any of you be interested.

Although my uncle would not tell me what he payed for the hand-painted shirt,
he did indicate that it was less than $35.  Linda sells her
notecards/envelopes in sets of 6 and 12 for 50c per card plus S&H which she
estimated at $1 to $2.oo

Now that Christmas is over, of course we're starting to find all those neat
things we couldn't locate during the holidays!

Lee Donehower
Omaha  NE