From:
JASON J STEWART <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 1995 23:23:58 EDT
I just wanted to say congratulations to all the Mass.  ferret owners, and
future ferret owners.  I was reading the newspaper last night (Tues) and
there was an article about the bill being passed.  (I live in RI) I had
to laugh though because at the end of the article it said that caution
should be used around babies and ferrets, because the ferrets can smell
the milk on the babies mouths, and it may cause them to bite.

[Moderator's note: Lest there be any confusion, they are still not legal
in MA - this was just a step along the way.  BIG]

Just one more thing to add.  There has been talk lately about ferrets and
cats.  There are four cats and two ferrets in my house right now.  The
ferrets are in total control, most of the time the cats run if they get
too close.  But, the seven week old ferret and the nine week old kitten
get along great.  The baby is happy to have someone who will play with
her.  They chase one another and wrestle all over the floor.  When things
get too rough I separate them for a little while,a nd they start all over
again later.  They're really fun to watch!

Jenn, Marti, Zoey, and the crew.