From:
Deborah Micklea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 20:18:41 -0500
I've been asked to take my two ferrets to a local "farm supply" store in late
May for an informal "exotic pets day."  I'm a relatively new owner (I've had
Tygger and Pooh for about 2.5 months now) but did quite a bit of research
before  purchasing my babies and can hardly pass up the chance to give the
fuzzies some good PR here in Michigan (in my area people are still a little
apprehensive, since they've recently become legal and most people aren't
familiar with them).  My question:  has anyone done anything similar with
their fuzzies and do they have any advice?  I plan on keeping a close eye and
controlling closely who comes near the babies and how, but I don't think this
will be too bad because it's a small town and a small event.  Got any answers
to some frequently asked questions?  Do you know of where I might be able to
get some reproducable literature about ferrets for people who want to know
more?
Thanks for listening, and keep watching your toes!
Deborah, (and tygger and pooh)
ps-Just a few last minute, off the subject comments: does anyone have a
ferret who's an escape artist?  we think pooh figured out how to open up her
own  cage tonight!  also, have any of your ferrets developed unusual
friendships?  Tygger, our male, is a real people ferret and loves to kiss and
cuddle:  and while Pooh, the female, likes us, her real buddy seems to be
Mahra, our labrador retriever!  And Mahra thinks she's pretty great too!  And
to think when we brought the babies home I was afraid the dog might eat them!
 :)