Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 14:10:25 CST
Hi Selena!

You had asked about getting a ferret from the Humane Society.  Might I
suggest that if you have a Ferret Shelter in your area, you might look there.
 We got Pooter from the Greater Chicago Ferret Shelter and could not be
happier.  The ferrets are usually less expensive at a shelter (if price is
important) and they are given all shots, and other health care needed before
being adopted.  Further, GCFS (I cannot speak for other shelters) spays and
neuters all of the shelter ferrets so that their future owners do not have
to.  Also special about ferret shelters is that they do not put their special
critters to sleep--they keep them until they are adopted or until it is their
time to go to the Rainbow Bridge.

Also, in many cases, you might be able to "Foster" a ferret who has known
medical problems and may or maynot have long to live.  At GCFS, it will cost
you nothing to take a Foster Ferret home with you, but you will be
responsible for making sure that they receive their medicine or special care
and most important of all, all the love they deserve.

Anyway, if you have a Ferret Shelter near you, I would look there.  By all
accounts in my knowledge, no one who has adopted a ferret at GCFS has been
disappointed :-)

TO Marcy and Fitch:  Pooter, Lance and I were very happy to hear that Fitch
is making ferret leaps and bounds.  Pooter wants to know if Fitch wants one
of his specially acquired and horded socks to play with?