From:
Miana Murrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 16:09:09 -0800
     Both my ferrets rub their butts on the floor after they decided to
skip out on the litterbox.  Tish, my first ferret did it more often than
Rocky, the one I have now.  Tish would back up to a corner, do her duty,
and daintily rub off, usually right in front of us.  Even though it's
kind of gross, we thought it was pretty funny since she was usually so
dainty and sweet.  I don't know if you could stop them from doing it since it
seems to be a natural behavior for them, though.  It depends on the
individual ferret, too.  I have only seen Rocky do this once or twice,
whereas Tish did it all the time.

Diane & Rocky, Tippy and Taz