From:
SELENA SIMONETTI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 09:38:41 -0500
I saw a ferret in the window of a pet shop and it was so funny I had to
tell you guys.
        He was a gray sort of color with black  points  and snout, and
when enough folks had gathered to see him, he hopped on his hind legs,
like a gopher on alert, and did a tap dance, complete with a little ditty.
Really! He kind of made  noises like "Dook, dookie, dooooook", and his
little legs were just flying and his toe nails were beating time "tappity
tapp tapp tappity" like crazy<VBG>!  One  old man said he looked like he
was wearing a tux, all he needed was a top hat and a cane and he could
sing "Mammy" in ferret-ese!<G> The pet store said he just does that when
it's treat time or time to be cuddled or played with.  That's the kind of
ferret  I want, just a lovable little guy/girl.
        One lady thought they were ment to be wild, but I told her (and I
have proof) that ferrets were tamed for centuries. I mean Duchessses and
Ladies used to keep them as pets in the Middle Ages and used to hunt
rabbits and rats with them, we got into a neat  dicussion, but she was
honestly interested in them, not  combative  or anything. She said if
they were all friendly like the cute little guy (Sparky was his name) she
may buy one.
Selena Simonetti]
or @tbird.auc etc.....if  a  shorter address is preferable