From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 1995 17:36:43 -0500
To: Spunky
Regarding your broken leg: our baby Edith had a broken leg about 2 years
ago. We decided to go the cast route on our vets advice. I now believe that to
have been a huge mistake. We had several different casts made by different
doctors, we were running to the vet every other day (and night, and weekends,
and holidays) adjusting and readujsting it. Because of the cast, Edith battled
extreme pain, severe infection, obesity and a wealth of other problems. We
finally called it a complete loss and were leaning toward amputation when our
last attempt at a cast finally worked. Even after the cast came off though
Edith had to go through rigorous physical therapy. Our broken leg incident
cost well over $2000. (Of course we would have paid any amount to help Edith).
If at all possible, tell Jack to pay for the surgery. $600 seems reasonable and
it will save you a lot of trouble if you have a skilled surgeon perform it.
Tell Jack he is smart to have turned to the FML, when Edith was in this predic-
ament, we didn't know where to turn. Had we known about Dr. Williams, Dr. Weiss
et al, things would have turned out a lot different. By the way, Edith is doing
just fine now, you wouldn't know she had ever had a broken leg except that she
gets down off of things VERY carefully and butt first. Keep us posted. Charlene