From:
"Edward J. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 11:17:38 -0700
        Several weeks ago I inquired on FML about my Albine Ferret Mei-mei
and received lots of advice for which I really appreciate.

        The determination was that she had an adrenal tumor.

        Ultimately, I decided to operate and took her in yesterday morning.
I received a call from my Vet saying the the operation was succesful and that
the tumor was on the left adrenal glad, which of all of the possibilites
that I am aware of, that is the most easy to operate on.

        Sadly, my vet called me this morning to say how very sorry he was
that she a passed away over night.  She had come out of anisthiesia (sp?)
and although didn't eat she was playing in her bedding material, rolling
around.

        My mother, who always has something nice to say, made the comment
that something elase must have been wrong and Mei-mei probably wasn't
comfortable.

        I think Mei-mei must have thought she was a cat with nine lives.
She was the naughty one that was always getting into places and behind walls
and wherever she didn't belong.  She gave a whole new effort to ferret-proofing.
She even managed to get outside twice, once to be discovered in a neighbors
garage and once by our Beagle Sammy just before leaving for the evening.

        My other ferret, Jie-jie, seemed quite lonely last night and was
following me around all night long.  She would just stop at my feet and just
stare up at me with a forlonged look.  Perhaps she knew more then I.

        I am sure that Sammy will miss her as well.  Mei-mei was pretty private
and perferred to be left alone by most of the other animals we hadr.  But when
ever Sammy tried to chase her, she would turn and chase Sammy all around the
house and an occasionally you would her a "Yelp!" from Sammy as Mei-mei hit her
mark!

        She will be missed.

                                        Edward Hughes