From:
Dennis Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 16:41:50 -0800
Every year there are two Ferret Frolics in or around Seattle, hosted by
Ferrets Northwest (with Ed Lipinski of Mercer Island doing most of the
organizing).  Basically, it's just a day in the park where everyone
brings their ferrets and plays games and has fun.  There are games--the
tube race, the ferret wheel, yawning contests, swimming contests, prize
for the cutest ferret, etc.  There is literature and sometimes a few
kits are for sale, plus there's a vet (usually Dr. Bierbaum from
Issaquah) doing low-cost health checks and vaccinations.  It's
typically a lot of fun, even when the Seattle weather doesn't cooperate
and it rains.  I really enjoy meeting a lot of ferrets and their
owners.

Last ferret frolic that I attended, I bought the Furo Ferret Behavior
book by Fara Shimbo (I forget the exact title), learned about
Waardenburg's Syndrome (a genetic condition characterized by a
badger-like white stripe on the head, wide-set eyes, and profound
deafness), and diagnosed a lady's ferret as having Waardenburg's.  She
was amazed when I asked her (after having just met her very cute
ferret) if he was deaf.

The early Ferret Frolic (in June?) is in Kirkland; the late one
(August?) is on Mercer Island.  Contact Ferrets Northwest for the real
dates.

Good Luck!
Dennis