From:
Edward Bruce Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 20:20:25 -0500
     I wonder if any of the people trying to overcome the anti-ferret feelings
of people near them watched the Northern Exposure episode Wed. night. When
it first aired in Sept. it was responsible for breaking the no ferret
attitudes of my housemates.
     Last Feb. a roomate of mine (different house than now) got Amber, a
sable kit and it took all of 30 seconds for me to become a ferret lover.  I
don't know if it was the way she played, nipped or fell asleep in my lap as
soon as we got home, but I was hooked.  When I moved in August I suggested
to my housemates that I wanted a ferret.   The response was very negative.  We
already had three cats and they thought that the cats would probably injure
a ferret kit ( The "white tiger" eventually showed that there was never much
chance of that!).  When the episode of N. Exposure with the ferret aired they
asked me if all ferrets were as cute and amusing as the one on TV.  What could
I tell them??  Two weeks later I brought home Ak who still makes everyone
laugh whenever they discover something new under their bed.

Ed and Ak