From:
colm tracy ilene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 1994 09:01:51 -0500
Luise Villalta-
        Hello. In response to your question about ferret food. I am not a
vet so I suppose I could be wrong but I have fed my ferret, Alex, Science
Diet for her whole life (canned when she was young, dry now) and she
seems healthy and happy. I have heard that Science Diet has high protein
and the animals waste less of it, so the litter box doesn't fill up as
fast. I feed her the maintenance kind now, but they do have a growth
formula which has even more protein in it. Also, sometimes I give Alex a
little refried beans (not heated) as a treat. They have protein in them.
Science Diet is not cheap, but it should be available where you're at.
Just a thought.
Tracy, Matt, and Alex