Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 1995 13:51:10 -0800
From:
Tamsin Liddle <[log in to unmask]>
Hi everyone,

        Well since everyone is discussing cages and flooring I thought
I'd put my two cents worth in. We have two cages, the wire topped kind
with plastic detachable bottoms that cone a third of the way up. One of
the cages is specially for ferrets, it has a small trap door on the top
which is impossible to open from inside, the other is a rabbit cage since
the whole top swings up ( we have to put the phone book and yellow pages
on the corners of this one to keep it closed at night. We have the two
cages lined up so that one lenghtwise side is against one widthwise side.
We used wire cutters to cut corresponding holes on the sides of both
sides so the ferrets can pass from one cage to the other. In one cage,
the one with the ferret top, we have a litter box, food and water. In the
other cage/part, we have old pants or sweatshirts for them to sleep
on/in. This arrangement seems to work well. Oh yeah, in the litterbox we
found that the scoopable, clumping litter works best.

        I had to laugh when I read about the ferrets in the bathroom,
ours do exactly the same, especially Kita. When we first got her she
would follow you into the bathroom get into the litterbox (beside the
toilet) look up at you and wait until you were doing your thing. She
would then proceed to do hers, looking up at you the whole time.

        Finally a question, -- We have been strapped for money recently
and have just scrapped together enough for the ferrets shots, the only
problem is that their annual boosters were due in mid Jan. Does this mean
that we have to do 2 sets of shots, or will they be okay with just the
the boosters. Also our vet has been giving them Rabies shots every year
but I read on their charts something about 3 year shots, does anyone know
if they'll need rabies shots again this year? Also we go to our vet
because she is conveniently located ( directly across the street ) but
my last 2 visits have me questioning if I should change vets ( 3
misbillings and a hurried diagnostic that I could have given myself with
no reassurance or suggested remedies). Does anyone know of a good ferret
vet in the Greater Vancouver Area?

                                        Thanks,

                                Tamsin and Coco
                                Ruby, Quanza and Kita

                        OOPS! the word "scrapped" should be "scraped"