Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Thomas x Geruntho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 1994 08:38:43 EDT
question from Denise, plus -
 * Rocko and Randall, and Grumpy the hamster

I need recommendations!  Cleaners, ferret-effective repellants, etc.
that work for you are most appreciated.  (Hopefully, they won't smell
too bad to _me_.)  I'd like to let them romp in my bedroom while I'm
gone to work, as it's pretty ferret-proof and ferret-safe, but I don't
want them to destroy the carpet - I'm renting this place.  If people
can help me with this, then I can let the little dears out of their
cages while I'm gone, and all of us here would prefer that.

 answer::
i generaly spray the area the ferrets soiled with lysol and then work it into
 the carpet with a scrub brush. it seems ferrets use their nose to find bathroom
locations so the lysol covers their scent. generally ferrets scratch at
 entrances to their play area because they see you the owner going in and out
 them. i have had some carpet ruined so i place cardboard over the carpet at the
 opening so they scratch the cardboard instead of the carpet. i guess they think
 they can dig their way under a door. good luck