From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 21:53:54 -0500
To Rick Lemker:  Just be sure you peel the skin off the grapes
before you drop them in their mouths  :)

To Dr. Michelle Jones:  Occasionally there will be a ferret that
needs to be descented - one that constantly sprays for no reason;
they are the exception, not the rule.  My breeding hob IS descented,
yet when he's in season, he STINKS big time.  More than half my
ferrets are not descented and they don't smell.

My own personal opinion about descenting is that I have it right up
there with ear cropping.  If God wanted little ferrets not to have
anal glands, he wouldn't have made them with them.....just like if
He wanted certain breeds of dogs to have their ears stand up, He
would have made them that way (BIG:  is it okay to say this?)

Descenting ferrets makes as much sense as cropping dogs' ears.

To Kim Burkard:  Thanks for the plug!  I'm sure I'll be seeing
Melanie soon anyway since I work for 2 of the Pathology Course instructors
for 2nd year Med students at the U/R.  Most of the Med students are
in/out of my office all the time.  You'll know it's my office because
of all the ferret pictures plastered all over the walls!

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA