From:
"Andrea Miralia (moonferret)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 17:42:01 -0500
Please help!

My almost 3 year old female ishaving a terrible  time.  She'sat the vet
now, and they'vebeen giving her subcutaneous fluids and antibiotics.  Her
stomach is simply *not digesting* the food I'vebeen giving her.  I
hand-fed her last night, not yet knowing what her stomach was doing.  Now
all that Ensure is just sitting in her tummy.

She lost weight very rapidly.It came outof nowhere, it seemed.  No green
stools.  Gums look pink and healthy. She's loast most of her body fat in
only a few days.  Help!!  I need ideas!  We've x-rayed and done
ultrasounds.  She's spending the night at  the hospital.

Could  give me Dr. Williams' number?  The one I  have doesn't work.

Originally, wethoughtit might  be aplastic anemia or something  related
to an  adrenal tumor.  She's so thin  that the ultrasound couldn't get
a  cllear  reading, but they think she's got an adrenal  tumor.
She's been spayed, but she has swollen vulva..  Theultrasound  didn'tshow
any residual ovarian tissue.

Please help!

My phonenumber  is (919) 309 - 9288.

----  [log in to unmask]  (Andrea M.) [log in to unmask]
      Ferret-children Joon, Tiresias, Sable, Ben, and Couscous
        Sweet Dreams to my sweet angel-ferrets Frito and Kadi