From:
Lysanne Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 14:11:14 -0500
   Hi everyone,

      First I want to thanks everyone for their answers and informations
  about my concerns on the fact that ferret owners and their houses could
  smell. I was pretty reassure on that issue and now I'm quite convince that
  smell is not a problem.

       Now, that not the end of the story. Yesterday I went to a petshop.
  I wanted to see some books and their ferrets ( price $200 CDN for a kit
  Is it expensive? ). The girls who's working there told me her story.
  She use to love ferrets very much but one day one of the kit was all
  over her, licking her, for no apparent reason he bite her real hard. Now
  she have a scar on the nose and she's a bit afraid of them. I also read
  in a book about ferrets that we shouldn't have any ferrets at home if you
  have childs under 3 years old. They report incidents where the ferret
  when into the crib and bite the little one (true??).

      I know that kits could bite a bit at the beggining but you could teach
  them not to bite. My real concern is for my 6 years old kid, I will
  always supervise him with the animal but you now kids and animals, sometimes
  a moment of distraction is enough.

      Look like most of the peolple out there with ferrets don't have kids?
  Am I right? Could somebody share with me his/her experiences. I would
  appreciate very much any information and comments on the subject.

     Thanks again, that ferret Mailing list is a great thing ( The person
   who considere "Ferret Free Zones" a Stupid Web site is a fool but a lot
   a people have opinions about things they don't know ).

   Lysanne.
   ps: Thanks to you Katherine (Ottawa region). I tried to answers your mail
       but it always bounce back. Maybe you could send me another mail
       with your e-mail addresse.