From:
James Makowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 14:38:54 -0500
two.  The first was just a rope with a clasp that the rope doubled back
into in a weird fashion.  I can't even describe it and it was so hard to
get on that I gave up after the first few attempts.  I went out and
bought myself a Marshall harness.  I know some people will say "I
wouldn't buy it because it supports MF and what they do" but frankly, if
you can't find an alternative to this fine piece of engineering then you
are missing out.  This is the best harness I've ever seen.  Actually, I
think I've seen non-MF harnesses made for cats or dogs using a nearly
identical construction.  That supplier may make one for small animals.
But if you can't find anything like it and can't get past your "I don't
buy from them. . ." attitude, then you really are missing out on a great
piece of workmanship.  I also don't get any kickbacks for "promoting"
their product, I just think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread
and every ferret owner who uses leashes should have one.  One more thing,
unlike some other harnesses, the harness and leash are separate and
connect like a dog's leash would to a dog collar.  That's great for
getting them used to the harness before you use the leash and for testing
the fit of it without them getting tangled in the leash during the famous
Ferret Death-Throes.

Just my humble opinion,
Jim Makowski and Nibbles (Oh no not that thing again.  Wait, now I can
chase after the cats.  Get over here 'Fraidy Cat)